Board of Ed Seeks Input on Proposed 2013-14 School Calendar
Feedback will be accepted through Nov. 7.
The Superintendent and Board of Education are seeking feedback from the community on the proposed 2013-2014 Carroll County Public Schools student calendar.
The proposed calendar is available for review on the CCPS website at www.carrollk12.org. Highlights of the proposed calendar:
- Five emergency closing days are built into the calendar.
- School for students is proposed to start on Aug. 26, 2013, the last Monday in August.
- The Winter Break, including Christmas, is proposed to begin Monday, Dec. 23, 2013, with students returning on Thursday, Jan. 2, 2014.
- Spring Break, including Easter Holiday, is proposed to begin on Monday, April 14, 2014, with students returning on Tuesday, April 22, 2014. Thie schedule includes the mandated state holidays for the Friday before Easter and the Monday after Easter.
- The last day of school for students is proposed to be Thursday, June 12, 2014.
Students return to school from winter break on a Thursday, but get a whole week off for spring break. Would you rather see students have a longer winter break (return Monday, Jan. 6) or keep the full week for spring break? Tell us in comments.
Comments and suggestions may be submitted online at http://feedback.carrollk12.org or by U.S. mail to the Superintendent’s Office, Carroll County Public Schools, 125 North Court Street, Westminster, MD 21157.
All input must be received by Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2012. The proposed calendar will be returned to the Board for action at its meeting on Wednesday, Nov.14, 2012.
Information in this article was taken from a Board of Education news release.