County Senate Delegation Holds Public Hearing on Local Legislative Issues
Surplus funds, gaming, maintenance of effort and more will be discussed at Friday's public hearing.
The Carroll County Senate Delegation will hold a public hearing and voting session on proposed Carroll County legislative issues this Friday, Jan. 18 at 2 p.m.
The hearing will take place at the Carroll County Government Office Building, 225 North Center St., room 003 in Westminster.
At the beginning of the meeting, the Senate Delegation will hold an open public hearing on county bill requests. The bill requests include:
- Carroll County Public Facilities Bond Bill
- Carroll County Budgeting and Finance Procedures – Surplus Funds
- Adjustment to Maintenance of Effort (MOE) due to Declining Enrollment
- Carroll County – Gaming
- Establishment of Selected Dates for Deer Firearms Hunting Season
- Education – Carroll County Board of Education – Nonvoting Student Representative
- Carroll County State’s Attorney request – Drug Recognition Program
- Carroll County Board of License Commissioners – Alcoholic Beverage Increase Fees
The following bills were referred to the Carroll County Senate Delegation by the Board of Carroll County Commissioners. Since the bills have statewide implications verses specific local implications, the legislation may be introduced through a private sponsor.
- Private Water Supply and Sewerage Systems – Metering Devices – Regulations Prohibited
- Prohibition of Government Mandated Devices on Privately Owned Vehicles
Citizens are invited to hear the presentations and provide testimony on any of the legislative proposals.