Report: Fire at Farm Museum Log Cabin Tuesday
No one was injured, fire officials said.
A small fire was sparked Tuesday morning at a log cabin at the Carroll County Farm Museum in Westminster, fire officials said.
No one was injured, and no artifacts were harmed, but repairs will be needed for the museum’s chimney and roof, according to the Carroll County Times.
Read the full story here.
The Westminster Volunteer Fire Department was among the companies that fought the fire, and officials said on its website the fire, which was found in the walls and attic space around the chimney, was “knocked down within minutes.”
The Carroll County Farm Museum, 500 S. Center St. in Westminster, celebrates agricultural life of the 1800s.
The museum is in the midst of its “Twelve Days of Christmas” celebration, which lasts until Dec. 16.
It is decorated in Victorian holiday fashion and has Santa visits, holiday music, mule-pulled wagon rides and more, according to its website. Admission is $2.50 for those ages 7 and up.