Teenager Injured After Igniting Illegal Fireworks
The 14-year-old was taken to Johns Hopkins Pediatric Unit with non-life threatening injuries.
A 14-year-old male was taken to the hospital with thermal burns and trauma injuries to his hands after igniting illegal fireworks in Manchester Thursday, safety officials said.
The incident occurred in the 2400 block of Harvey Gummel Road in Manchester at approximately 12:20 p.m., according to a release from the deputy state fire marshal.
According to the release, investigators determined the youth had taped firecrackers, bottle rockets and M-80 type fireworks together before igniting them.
Manchester Volunteer Fire Department responded to the scene and transported the youth to the Johns Hopkins Hospital Pediatric Unit with thermal burns and trauma injuries to both hands. His injuries are considered to be non-life threatening.
Fire marshal officials said they are investigating how the youth acquired the illegal fireworks.