Westminster Patch Celebrates One Year
Westminster Patch launched on Dec. 20, 2010. What a year it's been!
It's hard to believe that it has been a year, but it's true. Westminster Patch launched one year ago today.
I have very much enjoyed telling Westminster's stories--covering the gamut from education to sports to local government to important causes and occasionally even the absurd. I have been fortunate to get both positive feedback and constructive criticism along the way from Patch users, you've certainly kept me on my toes!
I am blessed with local leaders, at both the city and county level, who are forthcoming and available. I am lucky to live in a county where the library system, parks and recreation programs, and public schools not only provide an endless supply of news, but that are also second to none. I am thrilled that so many Carroll Countians embrace online news and are engaged enough to interact with the site in posting events, photos, comments and announcements. I could go on, but you get the picture.
Thank you for your support, thank you for your feedback, thank you for being so engaging. Patch is still growing, we're constantly evolving and I can't wait to see what the next year will bring.
Here's a look back at the first year, by the numbers:
- There are 1,659 articles currently in my database (that have been posted to the site).
- Twenty bloggers have posted 88 blogs on Westminster Patch.
- The most comments on an article: 127 comments on Parent Talk: To Circumcise or Not to Circumcise
- The second most comments on an article: 112 comments on POLL: Most Significant County Commissioner Decisions in 2011?
- Westminster Patch currently has 974 daily newsletter subscribers.
- The most read article on Westminster Patch with 2,100+ views: Osama Bin Laden Dead
- The second most read story on Westminster Patch with 1,600+ views: Crazy Maryland Laws You've Probably Violated
- The third most read story on Westminster Patch with 1,450+ views: Tornadoes Touch Down in Carroll County (Update 4/17 11 p.m.)
And now, one of the most pressing questions of the day: where should I go to get my birthday cupcake?