No excuses Westminster! You belong out and about this weekend, enjoying yourself and supporting locally owned businesses and local theater groups. We have it all, right here in our own little town.
It's officially Westminster Restaurant Week!
Twelve of downtown's best restaurants will provide fixed price meal specials. Unique breakfast treats are available at Heinz Bakery, delicious lunch breaks abound at Giulianova's, J Cafe and Birdie's Cafe, and incredible, multiple course dinners are offered at Maggie's, Johansson Dining House and Papa Joe's.
Families with children are welcome at these restaurants, but the City of Westminster Parks & Recreation is also offering a “Parent’s Night Out” on Saturday April 21, an event for kids up to age 12. Call (410) 848-9161 for details.
Catch a show after dinner or check out a dinner show.
Little Community Theater presents the comedy Blame It on the Pony Express! at St. Paul’s UCC as a dinner show on Friday and Saturday. September Song presents two performances of Broadway in Recital: A Musical Revue at the Carroll Arts Center on Saturday.
And there's more! Other weekend entertainment includes live music, poetry readings and history.
- Johansson Dining House: Live Music by Skyla Burrell Band, 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., 4 West Main Street, (410) 876-0101
- Birdie’s Café: Poetry reading, 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m., 233 East Main Street, (410) 848-7931
- CUP Tear Bar & Café: Live Lunches from noon to 2 p.m., 7 East Main Street, (410) 848-7622. Dave from Blind Man Leading is this week’s performing artist.
- Historical Society of Carroll County: Past Times for Children--Trains in Carroll County, 10 a.m., 216 East Main Street, (410) 848-6494. Have your 3 to 6 year old discover the excitement of trains in Carroll County through music, stories and creativity. They will also create their own train and bring it home. There is a $5 charge for each class per child; a materials fee may apply. Pre-registration is required.
- Maggie’s Restaurant: Live Music by Chris Schoberg, 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., 310 East Green Street, (410) 848-1441
- O’Lordans’s Irish Pub: Live Music by Ben & Elena, 9 p.m. to Midnight, 14 Liberty Street, (410) 876-0000
- Rafael’s: Live Music by Chain Links, 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., 32 West Main Street, (410) 840-1919