Invite a friend
Past Times for Children presents Mills- A Big Part of Carroll County
There were many mills in this area. The most popular would have been the grist mill that would have grind the wheat into flour. Children will experience the mill and how it works from the book,The Little Red Hen. They will create a wheat project.
This class is for children ages 4 to 7.
|Where||Historical Society of Carroll County 216 E Main St, Westminster, MD 21157 (upstairs in the Koontz-Yingling Learning Center)|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||10:00 am–11:15 am|
|Who to bring||Kids|
|Price||$6 for the class|
More About Historical Society of Carroll County
The Historical Society of Carroll County was founded over 70 years ago in an effort to preserves the cultural heritage of Carroll County. HSCC sponsors various educational programs, research projects, exhibitions, publications and community outreach programs. Historical properties maintained by HSCC include the Sherman-Fisher-Shellman House, the Kimmey House and Cockey's.
Other events here
- Past Times for Children Present Schoolyard Games Sat, Jun 15, 10:00 am–11:15 am
- Past Times for Children Present Barn Dances/ Helping a Neighbor Put Up Their Barn Sat, Aug 17, 10:00 am–11:15 am
- Past Times for Children Presents Food and Canning Sat, Sep 21, 10:00 am–11:15 am
- Past Times for Children Present The General Store Sat, Oct 19, 10:00 am–11:15 am
- Past Times for Children Presents Living in Towns Sat, Nov 16, 10:00 am–11:15 am
- Past Times for Children Presents Doctors and Medicine Sat, Dec 21, 10:00 am–11:15 am