A parade, craft vendors, rides, karaoke contest, live music, dog show, wing eating contest and midnight shopping -- it must be time for Westminster Fallfest.
Here's a rundown of some of this year's scheduled events:
- The Fallfest parade will take place Thursday, Sept. 27 at 7 p.m. It will begin at Monroe Street and Pennsylvania Avenue and end at Longwell Avenue. It's not too late to be a part of the parade! Interested individuals or organizations should contact Nikki Haschert at the City of Westminster Recreation and Parks Department at 410-857-9072 or firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 31.
- More than 80 craft vendors set up shop in the parking lot next to the Longwell parking garage. Everything from pottery to jewelry to carved wood and paintings (and so much more) is there, often with the artist who created it.
- On Friday, Sept. 28, shop 'til you drop at Midnight Madness. Downtown will be abuzz as stores stay open until midnight.
- How many hot wings can you eat in five minutes? Ten lucky contestants will get to find out in the Buffalo Wild Wings Hot Wing Eating Contest at 8 p.m. Friday, Sept. 28. Sign up on the Fallfest website.
- The OTHER Westminster Dog Show and various pet related activities will take place on Sunday, Sept. 30.
- As far as entertainment, there is something for everyone. Watch local kids perform karate and gymnastics demonstrations, listen to local bands, ride rides, build a scarecrow, pet live farm animals and eat some festival food.
The event, originally meant to bring people to downtown businesses, has grown into the county's largest community charity event. Not only does the Westminster Fallfest provide affordable, family-friendly activities, but it also distributes the event proceeds to local nonprofits.
This year's beneficiaries are Carroll Hospice, The Stacey Davis Breast Cancer Fund, Special Olympics of Maryland Carroll County and the Taneytown Lion's Club.
For complete event information visit www.westminsterfallfest.com. Fallfest events take place in the parking lots, streets and fields around the Armory on Longwell Avenue in Westminster.
Other Fallfest Articles: