Each week, Patch puts together a list of local activities and events going on in your area this weekend. Check back weekly and tell us in the comments if you know of any additional activities coming up.
To submit an event in the Patch events calendar, click on “Events” at the top of the page and then click on the green "Add an event" button on the right side of the page.
Polar Bear Plunge Zumbathon
- Where: Freedom Fitness, 6400 Ridge Rd, Eldersburg
- When: Friday, Jan. 25, 7 p.m.
- Description: Two hour Zumba class. Proceeds benefit the Special Olympics and Freedom Area Recreation Council Programs.
- Cost: $12
- Where: Carroll Lutheran Village, 300 Saint Luke Cir, Westminster
- When: Saturday, Jan. 26, 1 p.m.
- Description: The Friends of the Village auxiliary hosts the annual Winter Games in the Hospitality Dining Room.
- Cost: $12
St. John School Canister Bingo
- Where: St. John Catholic Church, 43 Monroe St, Westminster
- When: Saturday, Jan. 26, 7 p.m.
- Description: Canister bingo located in the St. John Portico. Proceeds benefit St. John School.
- Cost: $15
Fitness and Health Expo
- Where: South Carroll Senior and Community Center, 5928 Mineral Hill Rd, Eldersburg
- When: Sunday, Jan. 27, 11 a.m.
- Description: Free, family-friendly community event that will feature entertainment, food, face-painting, free health information, free health screenings, like blood pressure, BMI and vision; and free massages.
- Cost: Free
Live Music with Revolver
- Where: Stables, 452 E Main St, Westminster
- When: Saturday, Jan. 26, 9 p.m. – 1 a.m.
- Description: Live band performs at Stables.
- Cost: $5
Dan "The Beast" Severn to come to Eldersburg Gym
- Where: 6345 S Carroll Park Dr, Sykesville
- When: Sunday, Jan. 27, 12 p.m.
- Description: UFC Hall of Famer, WWE wrestler and now coach on the new MMA reality show Dan "The Beast" Severn will be doing a two-hour seminar at Shaddock MMA Academy in Sykesville.
- Cost: $45