Each week, Patch puts together a list of local activities and events going on in your area this weekend. Check back weekly and tell us in the comments if you know of any additional activities coming up.
To submit an event in the Patch events calendar, click on “Events” at the top of the page and then click on the green "Add an event" button on the right side of the page.
- Where: Liberty High School, 5855 Bartholow Rd, Sykesville
- When: Saturday, March 9, 9 a.m.
- Description: The Liberty High School Instrumental Music Program has the opportunity to travel to New Orleans this April where the LHS Honors Jazz Ensemble will participate in the Choice Jazz Competition. To offset the cost of this trip, the band is holding a “Re-Gift Extravaganza.” Similar to a yard sale, but all items for sale will be new and unused. Items for sale include clothes, toys, gifts, household items, jewelry, gift cards, and more. Donations of new and unused items for the sale will be accepted until March 8 at the Liberty High School band room or on the front porch at 6807 Carroll Highlands Rd. For more information about this event, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cost: Free
“MSW” Basket & Purse Bingo
- Where: 28 John St, Westminster
- When: Friday, March 8, 6:45 p.m.
- Description: This event is a fundraiser for the Montessori School of Westminster, a nonprofit serving children of the Westminster area and surrounding communities since 1974. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. -- Early Bird Bingo game starts at 6:45 p.m. 20 Regular Games/4 Specials/3 Raffles/Early Bird.
- Cost: $12/Advance - $15/at Door - All attending must purchase a ticket.
Joe Ehrmann Dinner -- Meet America's Coach
- Where: Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church, 21 Carroll St., Westminster
- When: Friday, March 8, 7 p.m.
- Description: Dinner with Joe Ehrmann, former Baltimore Colt, and first recipient of the NFL's Ed Block Courage Award. Dinner will be followed by Ehrmann's Keynote speech and Mission Testimonies.
- Cost: $45
A Taste of Ireland
- Where: Carroll Lutheran Village, 300 Saint Luke Cir, Westminster
- When: Saturday, March 9, 4:30 p.m.
- Description: The Friends of the Village auxiliary will host A Taste of Ireland on Saturday, March 9 from 4:30 to 7 p.m. at the Carroll Lutheran Village Hospitality Dining Room and Bistro, 900 Mission Square in Westminster.
- Cost: $14
Animal Advocates Quarter Mania Auction
- Where: 2 Sycamore St, Westminster
- When: Saturday, March 9, 7 p.m.
- Description: Animal Advocates of Carroll Co. are hosting an auction to help raise money to help local pets. Prizes include Scentsy, gift cards, Tastefully Simple, Pampered chef, Tupperware, Jewelry, Sports Stuff and Jamberry and more.
- Cost: Free
Cocker Spaniel Adoption Center - Adoption Show
- Where: Petsmart, 625 Baltimore Blvd, Westminster
- When: Saturday, March 9, 10 a.m.
- Description: Participants are invited to come out to meet dogs available for adoption or alumni that have been through rescue. The volunteers will be available to talk to you about the process, provide you with some literature and information about rescue.
- Cost: Free
- Where: Stables, 452 E Main St, Westminster
- When: Sunday, March 10, 5 p.m.
- Description: Autograph signing with Bernard Pierce, $30 per signature, tickets available in the restaurant. Call at 410-840-8181 or email email@example.com to get tickets.
- Cost: $30
Sunday Singles Over 21 Dance
- Where: Winfield Community Volunteer Fire Department, 1320 W Old Liberty Rd, Sykesville
- When: Saturday, March 9, 7:30 p.m.
- Description: Monthly Sunday singles dance features DJ John Repp. BYOB, soda and water are $1, light snacks will be provided. Couples are welcome.
- Cost: $10