Each week, Patch puts together a list of local activities and events going on in your area this weekend. Check back weekly and tell us in the comments if you know of any additional activities coming up.
To submit an event in the Patch events calendar, click on “Events” at the top of the page and then click on the green "Add an event" button on the right side of the page.
Westminster Lions Club Shrimp and Chicken Feed
- Where: 519 Poole Rd, Westminster
- When: Saturday, Feb. 23, 6 p.m.
- Description: Food is served from 6-8: p.m. Music - Destination Unknown - is from 7-10 p.m. Beer and soda are included in the $25 per person admission. A cash bar will be available.
- Cost: $25
2013 Summer Programs Preview at Carroll Community College
- Where: Carroll Community College, 1601 Washington Rd, Westminster
- When: Saturday, Feb. 23, 9 a.m.
- Description: Parents and kids are invited to check out upcoming summer camp programs, meet camp instructors and staff and participate in demonstrations.
- Cost: Free
- Where: McDaniel College, 2 College Hill Dr., Westminster
- When: Saturday, Feb. 23, 1 p.m.
- Description: This annual event benefits the Literacy Council of Carroll County and the Rotary Club of Westminster.
- Cost: $100
The Wizard of Oz
- Where: Carrolltowne Elementary School, 6542 Ridge Rd, Sykesville
- When: Friday, Feb. 22, 7 p.m.
- Description: The Carrolltowne Elementary School Carrolltowne presents the Wizard of Oz.
- Cost: $7
Distinguished Young Women of Carroll County Scholarship Program
- Where: 3825 Bark Hill Rd, Union Bridge
- When: Francis Scott Key High School, Sunday, Feb. 24, 3:30 p.m.
- Description: The Distinguished Young Women of Carroll County Scholarship Program is seeking current high school juniors (Class of 2014) to compete for significant college scholarships and the opportunity to advance to the state finals.
- Cost: $5
Street Smart Self-Defense Seminar
- Where: 2470 Longstone Ln, Marriottsville
- When: Sunday, Feb. 24, 1 p.m.
- Description: All are welcome to learn real-world self-defense moves in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Cost: $35
Small Steps to Health and Wealth- Eldersburg
- Where: Freedom Fitness, 6400 Ridge Rd, Eldersburg
- When: Saturday, Feb. 23, 11 a.m.
- Description: The University of Maryland Extension, Freedom Fitness and Westminster Family Fitness Center have partnered to deliver Small Steps to Health and Wealth, a program designed by Rutgers University. The program includes wellness planning, lessons on meeting personal goals and more.
- Cost: $99
- Where: 3838 Niner Rd, Finksburg
- When: Saturday, Feb. 23, 5:30 p.m.
- Description: Basket Bingo sponsored by the Deer Park Lions Club at the Gamber Fire Department Social Hall.
- Cost: $12
Westminster's Got Talent
- Where: Saturday, Feb. 23, 7 p.m.
- When: Winters Mill High School, 560 Gorsuch Rd, Westminster
- Description: All are welcome to enjoy performances by local Westminster talent.
- Cost: $15
WTTR Radio Bridal Show Spectacular
- Where: St. John Catholic Church, 43 Monroe St, Westminster
- When: Sunday, Feb. 24, 1 p.m.
- Description: 3rd annual WTTR Bridal Show. Couples can register to win honeymoon vacations, cash prizes and meet over 35 wedding-related vendors.
- Cost: $10