The has posted its offerings for visual arts classes this fall.
Find the full list on the center's website. Here's a sampling:
Oil of Wintergreen Transfer Prints
- When: 1-3:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 15
- Instructor: Dorothea Barrick
- Class info: Using a photocopy of a photo and oil of wintergreen, students will create a one of a kind print that then can be embellished with colored pencils, paint and found objects.
Painting a Night Scene in Watercolor
- When: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 15
- Instructor: Lynn Ferris
- Class info: Learn painting techniques that will make a night scene dazzle with color.
Mexican Folk Art Workshop (Creating a painting with yarn-estambre)
- When: 1-4 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 22
- Instructor: “Paco” Loza
- Class info: This “make it and take it” workshop will teach students to create a one of a kind indigenous Huichol style yarn painting using beeswax and colorful yarns.
Creative Journaling through Self-Expression
- When: 10:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. Saturdays, Oct. 13 and 20
- Instructor: Amy Svec
- Class info: Working with bookmaking techniques and modern binding materials, create a keepsake journal for yourself or a friend.
Open Studio with Live Model
- When: 7-10 p.m. Thursdays, Aug. 16 - Dec. 1
- Instructor: Self
- Class info: Students work from a live model at their own pace in their favorite medium. No instructor provided. Students (ages 16+) can sign up for 12-week session or drop in for single session.
Learn to Draw the Human Figure the Natural Way
- When: 7-9 p.m. Mondays, Sept. 10 - 24
- Instructor: Sarah Abel DeLuca
- Class info: This three-week class will break down the composition of the human form into manageable parts and give students confidence to draw on their own or join our Open Studio with Live Model class.
Painting with Acrylics
- When: 6-8 p.m. Tuesdays, Sept. 18 - Oct. 23
- Instructor: Emily Dunn
- Class info: Learn a bit of color mixing, brush techniques and composition while working in your own style of painting.
Mommy and Me Make Masterpieces
- When: 10:15-11 a.m. Tuesdays, Sept. 18 - Oct. 23
- Instructor: Leah Spencer
- Class info: Have a wonderful creative time with your little one (ages 2-5) using paint, markers, crayons, tissue glue and more.
Outside the Lines
- When: 5:30-6:30 p.m. (ages 6-8), 6:45-7:45 p.m. (ages 8-12) Tuesdays, Sept. 18 - Oct. 16
- Instructor: Jennifer Dobson
- Class info: Enjoy a creative adventure of instruction and exploration that uses the basic shapes in objects to draw, paint and collage.
For more information, call the Arts Center at (410) 848-7272 or visit the official website.