Looking to rock out with some live music this weekend? You don’t have to travel too far to hear blues and jamband legends, rising folk stars or take the family out to hear some good tunes. Below is a sample of what the area has to offer this weekend.
Catonsville Native Matt Pless, Cara Kelly and the Tell Tale, Ancient Americans
- Where: The 8x10, 10 E. Cross Street, Baltimore
- Time: 8 p.m. doors
- Cost: $17
- Why Go: landed himself on an ‘Occupy Wall Street’ music compilation after the album’s producer heard him perform in Zuccotti Park in New York City.
- More info: Visit the 8x10’s website
Time Will Tell
- Where: , Cockeysville
- Time: 7:30-9 p.m.
- Cost: Free
- Why Go: Time Will Tell performs a mix of classic rock, oldies, pop and British invasion music ranging from the 50s to the 90s.
- More info: Visit Greetings & Readings’ website
Further feat. Phil Lesh and Bob Weir
- Where: , Columbia
- Time: 5:30 p.m. doors
- Cost: $45 - $59.50
- Why Go: Original Grateful Dead members Lesh and Weir will bring their eclectic improvisational music to Merriweather, with a set that will include music spanning their entire careers.
- More info: Visit Merriweather’s website
- Where: Common Ground on the Hill, Westminster
- Time: 7 p.m.
- Cost: $25 for adults, $20 for teens and seniors, $5 for 12 and under
- Why Go: The legendary blues guitarist has performed with the greats, including Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton and The Band. Saturday night he gets the spotlight.
- More info: Visit Common Ground on the Hill’s website
- Where: Ladew Topiary Gardens
- Time: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Cost: $15 for adult, $13 for students and seniors, $3 for ages 2-12
- Why Go: The seven-piece Baltimore-based band brings an energetic mix of funk, rock and many other genres, and you can hear it while enjoying 22 acres of picturesque gardens.
- More info: Visit Ladew’s website
Want to read more from Patch's very own musical genius? Read Marc Shapiro's coverage of the Baltimore music scene on Reisterstown Patch.