Here's a roundup of local business openings, closings and moves that have taken place in the past several weeks. Stop in and check out the new, and relocated, shops and let us know what you think!
The following businesses have opened on Main Street in the past 8 weeks.
- Carroll Street Décor at 12 Carroll St., in the business of interior design
- Razzmatazz Salon at 263 East Main St. (relocated from Carroll Plaza), a beauty salon
- HotLooks Hair Salon at 178 East Main St. (relocated from 140 Village Shopping Center), a beauty Salon
- The Snooper’s Shop at 185 East Main Street, in the business of fine consignments
- Anne Marie Rose Jewelry Design at 10 John St., a retail jewelry store (previously their manufacturing/warehouse location)
- Asian Sakae at 405 North Center St. (Cranberry Square Shopping Center), a restaurant serving Japanese, Chinese and Thai food.
The following Main Street area shops and stores have closed or will be closing soon.
- Café Tuscany at 84 East Main Street
- Fine Acoustics at 185 East Main Street
- The Manicure Stop at 257 East Main Street
- Mariah-Belle Pet Care at 4-D Bond Street
Just in time for winter weather, Westminser is expecting a shop to open that will sell snow boards and accessories, among other things.
- CliQ Boardshop at 85 West Main St., a retail skate and snow board and accessories shop (expected opening on or near Jan. 21)