The Westminster Road Runners Club sponsors runs and walks throughout the year -- here's what they have in store for running/jogging/walking enthusiasts this fall. Unless otherwise noted, the cost of these events is $2 for WRRC members and $4 for non-members.
- Sunday, Sept. 29 @ 8 a.m.: 31st Bachman Valley Half Marathon at Bachman’s Valley Farm, 788 Old Bachman’s Valley Rd. in Westminster. Registration (with a shirt) is $33. The 13.1 mile course on Carroll County's countryside is not flat. Get details and register at https://sites.google.com/site/wrrclub/.
- Sunday, Oct. 13 @ 8 a.m.: Otterdale Mill 5 Mile at Trevanion & Stonesifer Roads in Taneytown. This is a flat course on roads with minimal traffic. Click here for more information.
- Saturday, Nov. 2 @ 9 a.m.: The Frizzellburg Cross Country takes place at Frank Schaeffer's Farm, 1643 Old Taneytown Rd., in Westminster. This race was originally run from 1975 to 1987 and was re-introduced with a new course in 2010. The run offers a challenging 2.95 mile cross country course on fields, roads and woods. Click here for details.
- Saturday, Nov. 16 @ 8:30 a.m.: Flying Feet Burk Memorial 5K at Tahoma Farm Road Parking Lot in Westminster. Email Dpgflyingfeet@aol.com for more information.
- Sunday Nov. 24 @ 9 a.m.: Runnymede 7 Mile Run at Runnymede Elementary School, 3000 Langdon Dr. in Westminster. This run offers scenic running on country roads. Click here for more information.
- Sunday Dec. 8 @ 9 a.m.: Dasher Dance 10K at 1300 Tech Court in Westminster. A hilly "out and back" course. Click here for details.
Learn more about the Westminster Road Runners Club at https://sites.google.com/site/wrrclub.