Carroll County's Most Wanted
Javier Villas-Franco is wanted for violation of probation, second degree assault and making false statements. Villas-Franco is described as a white male with green eyes and black hair. His last known address was 316 Main St., New Windsor.
Brad Eward Nusbaum is wanted for non-child support. Nusbaum, 36, is described as a white male with brown hair and hazel eyes. His last known address is 219 York Street, Hanover, Pa.
See the Sheriff's Department website for more Most Wanted listings.
Local News Briefs from Around the Web
- A burglar was held at bay by a neighbor wielding a shotgun while the police were called. According to a WTTR report, 42-year-old Eric Russell is charged with first- and fourth-degree burglary and related theft charges after being caught by a man who found him leaving his neighbors home with a pair of bolt cutters. Police found damage to the home and items missing. A preliminary hearing is set for the beginning of October.
- Katrina M. Mosner, 23, of the 4800 block of Maple Grove Rd. in Hampstead, was arrested by the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office on several drug related charges, according to a Carroll County Times report.
- that six mailboxes in Sykesville were destroyed with fireworks. Maryland State Fire Marshal Deputy Chief John Wagner said vandalism to mailboxes in Carroll County is not unusual, but this is the first safety officials have heard reports of mailbox vandalism by explosives. No injuries were reported.
- A head-on car crash on Rt. 140 at the Carroll County/ Baltimore County line caused the road to be temporarily closed and traffic to back up for miles. Vehicle occupants were sent to area hospitals for non-life threatening injuries according to a .
- Crime is down in Carroll County for the third year in a row. Serious crimes have declined for three consecutive years but drug-related crimes are up slightly. The Carroll County Sheriff's Office said citizens must remain vigilant in prevening and reporting crime in this .
Crime Report Data
According to Crimereports.com, the and the filed the following crime reports between Aug. 31 and Sept. 7.
- 3 assaults
- 10 breaking and enterings
- 32 disorders
- 6 drug related
- 5 family offenses
- 9 liquor-related
- 4 missing persons
- 17 property crimes
- 26 thefts
- 2 weapons offenses