.

Teen Gets Treated at Burn Center After Finksburg Trailer Home Fire

The fire was caused by "juvenile fire play," according to the State Fire Marshal.

A teen was sent to Bayview's burn unit after a fire in a Finksburg trailer home. Googlemaps.
A teen was sent to Bayview's burn unit after a fire in a Finksburg trailer home. Googlemaps.
A teen was taken to Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center for burns he received in a Finksburg trailer home fire Jan. 1. 

Deputy Michael Guderjohn of the Maryland State Fire Marshal said "juvenile fire play" was the preliminary cause of the fire, which resulted in $10,000 worth of damage to the trailer home on Murray Road in Finksburg. 

According to the Fire Marshal, at approximately 10 p.m. on Jan. 1, a 14-year-old teen was playing with a cigarette lighter when his mattress caught fire in the trailer home. After being examined at Carroll Hospital Center, the teen was transported to Bayview's Burn Center. 

Three adults and three juveniles, including the teen, were examined at Carroll Hospital Center for smoke inhalation, according to the Fire Marshal.

It took 20 firefighters nearly 20 minutes to control the fire. Reese Fire Company was the primary department on scene. 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »