Carroll County representatives in the Maryland House of Delegates will hear the public's feedback on proposed legislation for 2014.
The hearing will
take place on Jan. 6 at 7 p.m. at the Westminster Senior Center, 125 Stoner Ave. in Westminster.
The local Carroll County bill requests include:
- Gaming Carroll (requested by Carroll County Volunteer Services Assoc.)
- Alcoholic Beverages – License Fees (Requested by CC Board of License Commissioners)
- Alcoholic Beverages – Refillable Container License (Requested by local brewers)
- Repeal Section 10-204(h) of Article 2B (Repeals requirement that the Board of License Commissioners)
- share license fees with municipalities. Requested by CC Licensed Beverage Association)
- Circuit Court for Carroll County – Fees for Appearance of Counsel (Requested by Judge Galloway)
- Legislative Bond Bill – Arc of Carroll County (Requested by the Arc of CC)
- Public Facilities Bonds (Requested by Carroll County Commissioners)
- Local Government Tort Claims Act – Industrial Development Authority (Requested by IDA)
- Orphans' Court Judges – Salary (Requested by County Commissioners)
- Sheriff - Salary increase (Requested by Sheriff’s Office)
Carroll County citizens are invited to hear presentations about the bills and submit oral or written testimony on any of the local legislative proposals.
Delegates said they also welcome public comment on other 2014 Legislative issues either at the meeting, through email, or by phone.
The Carroll County Board of Commissioners has requested legislation that is statewide in nature versus legislation that is specific to Carroll County. This legislation may be introduced through a private sponsor.
- Environment – Stormwater Management – Exemption from Watershed Protection and Restoration Program (Reintroduction from 2013 HB- 694 Sponsored by Krebs, Elliott, Ready and Stocksdale)
- Environment – Efficacy Analyses
- Land Use – Efficacy Analyses
- Natural Resource – Efficacy Analyses
- Stormwater Management – Interstate Compact
- Stormwater Management – Restoration or Funding of Programs
- Open Meetings – Procedural Requirements Requiring Advance Publication of Meeting Agendas for Government and Quasi-Governmental Organizations
- Common Core State Standard – Delay of Curriculum
- Common Core State Standard – Next Generation Scientific Standards
- Common Core State Standard – Partnership for Assessments of Readiness for College and Career Testing 11
- Common Core State Standard – Race to the Top
- Common Core State Standard – Teachers’ Pensions