Nearly 100 people filled the Carroll County Arts Center to take part in the Community Media Center's 2012 Vollie Awards presentation.
is a Public, Education, and Government Media organization that provides a shared broadcast-production facility for five local television channels - Channel 18-Carroll Community College, Channel 19-the Public Access Channel, Channel 21-Board of Education Channel, Channel 23-Municipal Channel and Channel 24-the County Government Channel.
The Vollie Awards recognize the efforts of Carroll County's volunteer producers as well as their counterparts at the Board of Education, Carroll County Government, local colleges and municipalities. Watch the winning entries and see post award interviews with some of the winners here.
Here are the winners in the following categories - click titles to view video:
- Programming for/by Youth: Follies of Youth – Matt Roe
- Best Religious Program: Joyful Sound – Mike Armacost
- Best Informational Program: Your Opinion Matters – Lyn & Lee Mallick
- Best Narrative Short Program: Mara – Erik Yount, Alden Bradstock, Jeff McIlvain
- Best Arts/Entertainment Program: Today's Poet – Tina Richardson
- Best Musical Program: Deer Creek Fiddler's Convention – Gerry Wiseman
- Best Music Video: Steps by Willet – Kevin Carmack
- Best Documentary: Times Crossroads: History of New Windsor – Frank Batavick
- Best Public Service Announcement (PSA): Save Your Brain - Carroll County Coalition Against Underage Drinking: Beth Keller, Natalie Phillips, Carol Mullen
- Best PEG Production: A Great Place to Play: 40 years of Rec & Parks – Chris Swam, Carroll County Government, Channel 24
- Best History Project Interview: Andrea Shalal (Wasyl Palijczuk Interview)
The CMC recognized these individuals and organizations in the following categories:
- CMC Volunteer of the Year: Pete Nickolas and Chris Bradford
- History Project Volunteer of the Year: Ann Horvath
- Historical Series: Kathy Gambrill – Sykesville: I Remember That
- Board Member of the Year: Leo Eaton
- Special Recognitions: Barbara Oremland and Bob Gibson