- Monday, Feb. 18: Schools/Offices closed for Presidents' Day
- Tuesday, Feb. 19: Schools closed for students, professional development day for teachers
- Wednesday, Feb. 27: Board meeting with FY14 operating budget at 1 p.m., board work session immediately following board meeting
- Monday, March 4: Two hour and forty-five minute early dismissal
Education Forums with Superintendent Guthrie
Carroll County Public Schools superintendent Stephen Guthrie will be hosting a series of education forums for the community in February and March. During the forums, Mr. Guthrie will present information on the achievements and challenges of the school system. Topics will include the FY 14 Operating Budget, student testing requirements, Race to the Top, and the objectives of some changes to the curriculum. There also will be an opportunity for members of the community to ask questions.
The dates and locations for the education forums are listed below. All forums will begin at 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 20 at Liberty High School
- Thursday, Feb. 21 at Manchester Valley High School
- Monday, March 4 at Westminster High School
- Thursday, March 7 at Century High School
- Monday, March 18 at North Carroll High School
East Middle Named a Maryland School of Character
The Maryland Center for Character Education at Stevenson University has selected East Middle School as a 2013 Maryland School of Character. The school was recognized for having an outstanding character education initiative that is supported by its Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) program.
Student Exhibits to Celebrate Youth Art Month
Carroll County Public Schools will honor Youth Art Month (March) and creativity with the following exhibits and celebrations:
An exhibit of artwork by elementary and middle school students will be held at the Carroll County Arts Council from February 6 through 26, 2013. Celebration receptions will be held on Thursday, February 14, and Thursday, February 21, from 5 to 7 p.m. On all other dates, the exhibit may be viewed during the Arts Council’s normal business hours.
There will be an exhibit of high school artwork in the Langdon Gallery at Carroll Community College from March 1 through 21, 2013. A celebration reception will be held on Sunday, March 3, from 1 to 3 p.m. On all other dates, the exhibit may be viewed during the college’s regular hours.