Neighborhoods across the county will be buzzing on Aug. 7 as they celebrate the 28th Annual National Night Out event.
National Night Out is sponsored by the National Association of Town Watch (NATW) and co-sponsored by the various law enforcement agencies. The purpose of the event is to promote neighborhood spirit and police-community relations.
If you know of other National Night Out events taking place in Westminster, tell us in the comments below.
From at least 6 to 9 p.m. on Aug. 7, residents in neighborhoods throughout the City of Westminster will lock their homes, turn on outside lights and spend the evening outside with neighbors and police, according to a news release. Any questions about Westminster neighborhood events can be directed to Sgt Keith Benfer at 410 857-9282.
- Carroll Lutheran Village from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Mission Square Gazebo
- Dutterer’s Park from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Eagleview Homeowners Association at the corner of Tahoma Rd and Firestone Rd from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Belle Grove Square from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Fairways at Wakefield Valley on Fairway Drive from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
More than 11,000 communities from all 50 states, U.S. territories, Canadian cities and military bases around the world will participate in National Night Out events. In all, over 35 million people are expected to participate in "National Night Out Against Crime" on Aug. 7, 2012.